I’ve had people ask me recently about the SDCC14 MH plushies. Some of my friends found some on ebay on sale, and I pointed out to them to not be fool’d by sellers, listing them as SDCC14 Exclusives, but it’s actually the SD form plush.
But I want to just let everyone know for future purposes, and to pay close attention if you are interested in buying a SDCC14 Exclusive Monster Hunter Plush, make sure it is the actual thing, not a seller trying to rip you off.
When I was at SDCC I was talking with one of the market designers of the plush from Capcom about some slight differences I noticed. So here’s a list to be wary of. So I’ll be using the Rathian versions as a example.
~ ① ~
- SDCC version has a slightly different color green, lighter than the SD version.
~ ② ~
- The wings are a different color, while the SD version has a more peach green, the SDCC version is more green/yellow. The wing markings also both have a different color used.
~ ③ ~
- Chin spike is also different color’d. While the SD form’s chin spike is the same as its jaw, the SDCC version is actually green, and does not match the color of its jaw.
~ ④ ~
- The tagging! A big notice in it. SD form has “Monster Hunter © Cacpom Co. LTD.” the SDCC version just has “CAPCOM,” and under the tag it shows ” © Capcom Co. LTD All Rights Reserved” but both have the “made in china” :p
~ ⑤ ~
- Head difference. SDCC version’s head is more wider, and longer. The eyes are brought more down to a “serious” look, while the SD version has bigger eyes. You can easily tell the difference just by looking at the snout of Rathian.
~ ⑥ ~
- Other small things are the spikes. SD’s form has it individually “cut out” per spike (I’m not sure how to word it better) while the SDCC version has the spikes as one. You can tell the difference as a example by looking at the tail spikes.
But not to say one is better than the other, both are pretty much alike in it’s own way, and both are official products of Monster Hunter merchandise. While SD is from Japanese designers, the SDCC is from NA designers, and both are rare in their own way, since the SD is hard to find around nowadays, and the SDCC is a actual exclusive merchandise.